Asomaton (Gathering of the Angels) Monastery
The Monastery of Asomatoi is dedicated to the Gathering of the Angels. It was built in the 2nd Byzantine period in the style of a fortress. At the end of the 18th century it was the seat of the Bishop of Lambi.
Initially the catholicon (main church) was a one-aisled, arch-roofed church; however, in the middle of the 20th century, it was transformed into a free cruciform with a cupola. The initial building was erected on the site of an older church dating from the 14th century, which, in turn, had been built on the site of a 10th century church destroyed by the 1303 earthquake.
During the Ottoman rule the monastery was destroyed several times.
In the course of the 20th century it operated as a farm school.