Agios Pavlos (St. Paul) Monastery
The Monastery is located south-west of Rethymno in the Gallos area. It was founded in 1566 and served as a glebe of Arkadi Monastery. Most of the Monastery structures date back to the 15th and 16th century.
Its catholicon, a single-space arch-covered church, is dedicated to Saint Paul. During the revolution of 1866, the monastery was set on fire and its monks were executed. Recently, works to restore the Monastery structures have taken place.