Zoodochos Pigi (Life-giving Font) (Alikianos)
The church of Zoodochos Pigi (Life-giving Font) is also known as Ai kyr-Yiannis, from the name of its donor, Ioannis Xenos. It was built in 1030 and it is a cross-in-square church with a cupola.
The internal decoration is in two layers. The first one dates back to the 11th century and was recently revealed during the church restoration works, while the second layer dates back to the 14th century. The built iconostasis represents Ioannis Xenos along with his students.
In the most recent restoration works, a mid-Byzantine period cemetery was discovered around the perimeter of the church, which seems to have been used between the 11th and the 19th centuries.