Agia Moni (Holy Monastery) of Viannos Convent
Agia Moni, a convent dedicated to the Dormition of Mother Mary, is located at the exit of Afrati canyon. According to tradition, it was built by three Cypriot nuns, who initially built the church of Agios Dimitrios (St. Demetrius) in Keratokambos. The monastery operated until 1842 but was deserted from 1842 to 1865.
On August 15, the feast day of the convent, a large celebration is held, attracting many worshippers from nearby villages.