Ecclesiastical Collection of all – Saints at Anatoli
The twin-naved church of All-Saints, which was erected in 1873, is located on the south side of the settlement of Anatoli and in a location with a panoramic view of the plain. A series of three columns divides the two aisles whose roof forms four saucer domes above each one. The collection of ecclesiastical artefacts that is on display in the church includes icons, from the 15th to the 20th centuries, which have been gathered from the churches of the settlement and the chapels of the surrounding area. Exceptional among them are the two despotic icons of Christ Pantocrator [Almighty] and the All-Holy Virgin Odegetria [‘She who leads the Way’] that originate from the altar screen of the presently dissolved monastery of Karkasia. These two icons of worship date to around 1400, a time when the scholar monk, Neilos Damilas, had lived at the monastery. They have been connected to Constantinopolitan painters who were active in Crete from the end of the 14th century because of their obvious classicising character and their impeccable execution. Aside from these icons, the collection of sanctuary doors from old altar screens or other later icons, such as the depiction of the Divine Liturgy from the 18th century, of the renowned painter from works in the churches of the city of Heraklion, George Kastrophylakas, are of interest.