The monastery is dedicated to the True Cross. It was founded in the late 16th century and belongs to the citadel style. The monastery features stone sculptures, capitals and sculpted troughs that prove its peak during the 17th century. The catholicon dates back to 1580. It is situated at the centre of the monastery and it is a simple single-space arch-covered church.