Place search

The nave of the Cathedral is dedicated to the Presentation of the Virgin to the Temple, while the two aisles are dedicated to Saint Nicholas and the Three Holy Hierarchs. An earlier church of the Venetian period existed on the same site, which was transformed into a soap factory during the Turkish rule. The building of the new, three-aisled basilica that can be seen today (also known as Trimartyri) was completed in 1860.