Saint John the Theologian at Lakkoi
The small church of St. John is located inside the settlement of Lakkoi, abandoned decades ago, to the northeast of Krousta. The church, which had been built in place of an older, larger church, was decorated in 1347/48 by the lord John Klontzias, as the dedicatory inscription on the west wall informs us. The iconographic […]
Kato Ai Giorgis (Lower St. George) (Kroutas)
This is a single-space arch-covered church featuring Venetian stone sculptures and 13th century murals.