Church of Agios Nikolaos (St. Nicholas) (Ierapetra)
The arch-covered church of Saint Nicholas was built during the Venetian era, possibly in 1630. The noteworthy 18th-century icon of the Holy Trinity, signed by the painter Georgios Kastrofilakas, is kept in this church.
The Church of St. George at Ierapetra
The most important church of the city is the metropolitan church of St. George, who is also the patron saint of Ierapetra due to his wonderworking interventions during the period of Turkish occupation. The church, which is also located in the historical centre of Kato (Lower) Mera, was built in the 19th century in place […]
Holy Metropolis of Ierapetra and Siteia
The present Metropolis of Ierapetra and Siteia with its seat in the city of Ierapetra occupies the southern and eastern part of the county of Lasithi and includes the former provinces of Ierapetra and Siteia as well as the communities of Kalo Chorio of Merambellou and Kato (Lower) Symi of Viannos. The Metropolis originated from […]